The Best Pecan Granola
With this weird northeastern weather going on right now, I've been feeling fall vibes in the spring?? The other day, I started craving pecan pie all of a sudden, so I figured I would share with you my favorite recipe for granola, filled with all the pecan pie nuances. This is perfect for breakfast, dessert, or just a delicious and filling snack. Keep in mind that you can modify this recipe however you like. I usually end up tweaking the measurements just a bit until I get the right flavor.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon (or to your liking)
- 1/4 tsp of pumpkin pie spice (or to your liking)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (totally optional, I just threw them in for variety)
- 1/8 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp olive oil (helps toast the granola, I didn't use it this time and there wasn't much of a difference)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (you can use as much as you want, I just eyeball it)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with tinfoil. I have found this works best, since the granola will not stick to it. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together and spread it out on your pan. Keep the mixture in the oven for about ten minutes, or until toasted to your desire. Enjoy with almond milk, as a topping, or by itself.
I hope you enjoy this easy and flavorful granola! Thanks for reading.
- much love, Suzan J